sexta-feira, 4 de janeiro de 2008

Let's start 2008!

It was 31st of December and at 23:15 the service started. Me, Cirene and Sany were sitted close in the church... I could remember myself - during that moment filled with quiteness - how many good things the Lord has done in the last days. In fact, He has done new things. Things that I couldn't think before and, I am sure, things that I'm not able to understand and wonder now.

At midnight I had a glimpse of this awesome work that the Lord has made. I could hug and greet new people, saying to them "Godt nytt år og takk for sist" (Happy new year and thank you for the last one!). I could realize that God has given to me very nice people to live with. I could look at my host family and see how the love between us has grown. I could look at some teenagers and youths from Avaldsnes and understand that they are an incredible gift from God to my life. I could look at my teammate and see how much we have learned from each other. In other words, I could look to the Lord and say "thank you for what You've done".

Following a Norwegian tradition, we walked from the church to the prayer-house. One song came to us, it is called "Thank You" (Dennis Jernigan) and the lyrics says:

For all that You've done I will thank You,
For all that You're going to do,
For all that You've promised and all that You are
And all that has carried me through, Jesus I thank You.

And I thank You, thank You, Lord
And I thank You, thank You, Lord

Thank You for loving and setting me free,
Thank You for giving Your life just for me
Now I thank You, Jesus I thank You,
Gratefully thank You,
Thank You.

In the midst of the darkness, cold temperature, our hearts were grateful because He has walked with us daily. The desire of serving Him and keep saying "here I am, oh, Lord" is still inside of me.

After celebration of New Year together with people in my pratice place (Karmøy), we got the road back to Mandal. From the 2nd to the 13th of January we will be together with the international students at Hald Internasjonale Senter. It has been very special to see all the internationals again and share many thoughts and experiences so far.

And it is also exciting - maybe a little bit scaring - to understand that the time is flying and we are completing the first period of our stay in Norway: five months had gone and five months are coming.

So, let's start 2008! He is with us!

Nenhum comentário: