terça-feira, 27 de maio de 2008

Teaching

Yesterday and today, me, Roger, Nan, Glad and Sak went to a school in Mandal in order to teach four classes altogether.

We had planned these classes a long time ago. But it’s always exciting before beginning ‘cause we don’t know how it is going to be and what is going to happen. And I thrill in situations like that!

At the first day we met two groups of twenty students each in the age of twelve. We could talk English with them and it went very well. With both we had songs, dance, games, some teaching about culture and greetings in different countries.

Today we were together with two classes. The students were six years-old and we had to speak Norwegian. It went so nice! We sang a famous Norwegian to introduce ourselves: “Hei, hei, hei, jeg heter… Hei, hei, hei, hva heter du?” (Hi, hi, hi, my name is… Hi, hi, hi, what is your name?). After, we used a map pointing our countries and showing our flags: Brazil, Laos, Thailand, Cameroon and Madagascar.

I can’t deny that it was a challenge for me and, I guess, for the entire group. Teaching children is a very challenging task and rewarding simultaneously.

I wasn’t that into tasks that have to do with children, nevertheless this time in Norway made me get more involved with them and I could learn a lot just for being with kids.

The work I followed at Barnegospel (in Avaldsnes) and this very recent experience at school taught me a lot. I would ask: who have learnt more?

Nenhum comentário: